The Admin Awards Advisory Board is a unique leadership opportunity reserved for 14 exceptional, career-minded Administrative Professionals that have a passion for advancing their profession and for moving The Admin Awards program forward in your program city.
The function of the board is to ensure we create a program that reflects the needs and wants of the local Administrative Professional community while helping us achieve our goals in the areas of awareness, nominations, major prizes, and sponsorships. Advisory board service is typically a one-year term and meetings occur over a ten-month period. While meetings are typically held during lunch or dinner, in 2020, all monthly board meetings will be held via Zoom and will not be in-person as we work to put the health and safety of our team members and board members first.
The Advisory Board has become something very special to previous year board members for a variety of reasons. Not only do members report feeling tremendous fulfillment from being a part of something bigger than themselves — that they helped create and grow into an exciting, thriving program but additionally, the friendships and relationships that are built are ever-lasting and incredibly fruitful.
Advisory Board members have successfully leveraged their appointed positions to help them differentiate themselves from other job candidates and to help establish themselves as leaders in both their profession and organizations. Tenured admins supporting CEO’s of our country’s top companies have served on the board in addition to admins representing smaller organizations. The one thing all members have in common is a passion and commitment to making great things happen together!
Application Deadlines and Board Meetings for our 2020 Programs are as follows:
Chicago (2020) – Application Deadline: FULL
Silicon Valley (2020) – Application Deadline: FULL
Houston (2020) – Application Deadline: FULL
Dallas (2020) – Application Deadline: FULL
Fort Worth (2020) – Application Deadline: FULL
San Francisco (2020) – Application Deadline: MAY 15
Denver (2020) – Application Deadline: MAY 15
Boston (2020) – Application Deadline: JUNE 1st
- Approximately 5 hours a month in volunteer hours should be expected, which includes board meeting time.
- Time will likely be spent outside of board meetings helping us build program awareness, encourage nominations, resources, major prizes, etc.
- Board participants help connect us to people and companies that we identify as potential sponsors and community partners.
- There is no financial requirement or expectation that your company will serve as a sponsor of The Admin Awards.
- Board members cannot miss more than 2 meetings with advance notice.