The Admin Awards Advisory Board is a unique leadership opportunity reserved for a diverse mix of exceptional, career-minded and passionate Administrative, Human Resources and Business Development Professionals. Along with our Sponsors, the Advisory Board is a key element that drives the success of the program in the local market.
Our Mission: To recognize and celebrate the country’s talented Administrative Professionals and be their fiercest advocates.
The function of the Admin Awards Advisory Board is to ensure we create and evolve a program that reflects the needs and wants of the regional community of Administrative Professionals and Business Leaders while helping us achieve our goals in the areas of awareness, nominations, major prizes, and sponsorships. Advisory board service is typically a one-year term and meetings occur over a seven-month period. Candidates for the Advisory Board are chosen to represent the Admin Awards in the business community and are instrumental in helping move our mission of Administrative recognition forward.
The Advisory Board Commitment:
The Advisory Board is a working Board! Each Board Member is expected to be actively and consistently championing the program, both in and outside of their existing networks and companies, throughout the course of their term on the Board.
– Approximately 3 hours per month in volunteer hours should be expected, which includes a 45-minute monthly Advisory Board meeting. Most meetings are held virtually but we do include 1-2 in-person meetings.
– We will hold a couple of in-person events throughout the season and will ask our Board Members to help drive attendance by inviting their networks and to attend as often as possible
– Time will be spent outside of board meetings helping us build program awareness to encourage nominations, helping identify resources, major prizes, etc.
– Board participants help connect the Admin Awards to people and companies that we identify as potential sponsors and community partners.
– Each Board Member will be required to attend the monthly Board meeting and report on their activity from the previous month, along with regularly reporting activity through additional means. Board members may not miss more than 2 meetings with advance notice.
– There is no financial requirement to serve on the Advisory Board
– Board service excludes you from the Admin Awards competition during your year of board service.
Benefits of serving on the Admin Awards Advisory Board:
The Advisory Board experience consistently results in a tremendous level of personal and professional satisfaction. Not only do Board Members report feeling tremendous fulfillment from being a part of something bigger than themselves — that they helped grow into an exciting, thriving program, but the friendships built along the way are incredibly meaningful and cherished.
Advisory Board members have successfully leveraged their appointed positions to help them differentiate themselves from other job candidates and to help establish themselves as leaders. Whether you’ve served on boards before or are new to board service, we welcome your application and value diversity. The one thing all members have in common is a passion and commitment to making great things happen together!